Monday 3 December 2007

the family seat

Seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on ebay at the moment. I wouldn't mind, but it's not even as if I'm bidding for anything cool or exciting, like designer sex toys (which, come to think of it, are neither cool or exciting, but I'm so out of touch I don't even know what would be cool and exciting).

No, I'm in the market for family toilet seats.

Twins keep telling me about their wee and poo, which is all very helpful, but the thought of potty training two at the same time is mildly terrifying. However, it has to be done, so I suspect Santa may be bringing one of those toilet seats that's a big seat and a little seat in one - if you have kids you will know what I mean (Santa is very kind to us in this respect and will also be bringing toothbrushes, soap and probably pants and socks. There may be room in his sack for a couple of toys, but no promises). That is, if Mrs Santa doesn't keep getting outbid on ebay.

So I have been spending my evenings crouched over a hot keyboard, desperate to get the best bid in. So far, the news is not good, but I've upped my limit to twenty quid this time, so fingers crossed. (Do you think ebay is like online gambling? Am I developing a habit? Will I end up neglecting my children as I spend ever longer hours bidding for elusive bits of toddler gadgetry?)

It's a sad indictment on my sorry existence that the main focus of my energies at the moment is finding a cheap lavvie.

Anyway, now off to log into ebay for yet another evening's rollercoaster ride of hope, anticipation and no doubt ultimate disappointment.

Have not heard from Hubby for ages. No idea what he's up to, but sure it has nothing to do with bathroom logistics of any kind.

PS. I am asking Santa for a new bottom for Christmas....because my old one's got a crack in it... ho! ho! ho! (ah, the oldies are the goodies)

1 comment:

Amy Waif said...

Clare, you are fabulous!