Sunday 8 November 2009

Crazy girl getaway to wanton West Mids

It's been ages again, hasn't it? Soz. So what thrilling things have been happening?
On Monday Hubby went on the raz with Anna Kournikova (see previous).
On Tuesday I went to a meeting of a new creative writing group (lots of scary high-powered people there, like barristers, political journalists, documentary makers, etc. However, I was the only one who had nearly finished writing a book, oh, and the only one with twins, too. So I managed not to feel too overwhelmed).
On Wednesday I went out for a meal in Thamel with a group of wives (there was a moment of drama on the way home when our taxi got a flat tyre in the middle of old Kathmandu and we were stranded in the deserted streets with only a rat, a beggar and a pack of stray dogs for company - oddly, I didn't feel worried in the slightest, not sure why).
On Thursday I didn't go out because it was Hubby's last night and he was packing.
Yes, I'm a single parent yet again. Woo Hoo, it's almost like the good old days on Chetwynd Barracks at the moment. (This weekend I also rather rashly agreed to have a friend's two children for the whole weekend as she was going to a wedding in Pokhara, making me effectively a single parent of five for forty eight hours. Luckily they are extremely lovely children and not at all brattish, so it was fine, although I am heartily sick of washing up now and we have totally run out of food.)
On Friday I felt a bit pants because Hubby got up at sparrow's fart to catch his flight and also was awake half the night with leg cramps (him, not me). Thought he might have DVT, or the early stages of gout or something hideous, but he assured me he was quite well enough to make it to his extremely important meeting/forum/symposium/conference thingy in Birmingham (perhaps he is taking Anna Kournikova with him?
Her: (stoking his thigh) Oh, Darlink, take me avay from thees 'orrible place!
Him: Well, I'm off to Sutton Coldfield on Friday to meet lots of other men just like me to talk about work, if you're interested.
Her: (stroking his chest) Oh, darlink, zat would be sooo romantic!
Him: And Enrico won't mind?
Her: (breathily into his ear) Enrico is nuzzink to me since I met you, you darlink leetle man! Him: Good-oh. And my early onset gout and male pattern baldness doesn't bother you?
Her: (letting her hair fall in a golden cascade over his face) I sink you are the sexiest man in ze whole of the small region of Patan known as Man Bhawan.
Him: (brushing her hair off him in an irritated way) Oh, okay, then. And what do you think about water treatment?
Her: (pouting)Vat?
Him: Water treatment, you know, finding sources of potable water and subjecting aforementioned to a variety of chemical and technical processes until they fit in with WHO standards for human consumption, notwithstanding the inevitable issues of crypto-spiridium, ammonia, oh, and ammonium for that matter, and the optimum size of borehole required to access an aquifer?
Her: (eyes closed) zzzzzzzzz).

Hmm, not really right to imagine my husband getting intimate with Anna 'crazy girl' Kournikova, is it? Even if he does talk about water treatment until she nods off in boredom...

No comments: