Wednesday 25 November 2009

stuff

Yeah, I know, I've been a bit remiss. Soz. So, it turns out that we've had swine flu (well, me and the girls anyway) - so that's what that chest infection thingy was the other week. So that whole quarantine thing was all completely unneccessary (ooh, way too many consonants in that word but I can't remember the real spelling, sorry), and it meant that Son missed out on showing off in his class assembly, and Twin 1 missed out on having the lead in the Christmas play. I don't think they're that bothered, but I'm quite sad about it. The old 'home schooling' concept never really got off the ground, so it's a good job they were only off for a week.
Anyway, beardy and welshy are in Chitwan at the moment, I think. And I think they are coming back here tomorrow. I'm not sure.
My parents have been and gone. They arrived Thursday evening and left this morning. Now they are on some posh train in India going to look at the Taj Mahal (and recovering from being covered in grandchildren for five days!).
I was going to get stuck into the book this morning, but Twin 1 had to go to hospital to have an ultrasound to make sure her kidneys and bladder are working properly, which they are. Blimey, this family is such a bunch of hypochondriac malingerers. Wonder whose turn it will be tomorrow. Perhaps I will succumb to suspected Ebola or something?
Hubby has not been back to the Red Rooster since his return from the UK ten days ago. I think this might mean that the whole Anna Kournikova thing has come to a natural conclusion. Which ex-sports personality will be next, I wonder? I heard that Sharon Davies has split up from her husband (I think I read it in Heat magazine at the hairdressers the other week), so perhaps she'll be on the lookout for a balding, grouchy late-entry officer? Oh, as well as the gout, he also thinks he might have arthritis in his right hand - he says it's always very stiff in the mornings (make of that what you will)...
Ooh, I do have some news. Hubby has been offered the option to extend here for another year, and I think we are going to risk the whole getting-annihilated-by-a-major-earthquake - thing and go for it (listen, I'm prepared to accept the very real chance of getting buried under rubble if it means I escape housework for another year).
Right, if I'm quick I might be able to edit chapter four before I go to pick up Twin 2, so I'm off now. Tootle pip!

No comments: