Saturday 6 November 2010

Saturday night in Kathmandu

Mindful of the fact that we won't be here for ever, we spent a right old touristy day today and visited a big Buddhist stupa and the Garden of Dreams. Oh, and Kentucky Fried Chicken as well, but we'll gloss over that one (although my Twister and virgin mojito were very tasty, thanks).
Today was Cow Tihar, but I didn't see many happy cows today, just the usual skinny ones sifting through the roadside trash.
Hubby has just downloaded an application for his phone that not only shows a picture of an AK47, it also makes AK47 noises, too. Oooh. He has been having vague thoughts about leaving the army, but on the basis of this evidence, I think he'd be better off staying in, as he's clearly still obsessed with noisy killing machines. Oh, now he's aiming the phone and 'shooting' me as I write, how very amusing. Ha, ha it's out of rounds now, so I live to write another day...maybe not, he's just got me with the light saber... arghhh (sound of me dying dramatically like Darth Vader).

No comments: