Monday 4 October 2010

Next Great Novel postponed

NGN is on pause yet again. This week it's Twin 1's turn to be ill on a Monday. Diarhoea and fever (I'm sure that is how you spell diarrhoea? maybe not! Always a problem, and I resort to saying 'tummy bug' which just sounds wussy, don't you think?).
Not only have I not done any writing today, I also had a slightly depressing email from a friend-of-a-friend who was going to give me details of what it's like to be a woman bomb disposal officer. But guess what? She can't talk to me until she's cleared it with the MoD. Even though I'm writing fiction that in all probability will never get published. Anyway, I'm just too despondent to phone the MoD man tonight, so I decided to write to you instead.
Since I last wrote we've had an exciting Deshain function at Hubby's work. The best bit about it was that I didn't have to dance this year, and I got to wear my nice new dress and pretend to be someone who has a town house in Islington and a country house in Cornwall, and maybe is a successful novelist (which is what the dress makes me feel I should be, instead of which I'm wiping bottoms in Kathmandu and not writing anything at all).
Well, at least tomorrow I've got my Bollywood class to look forward to!
Take care xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Army waif, I a thrilled you have finally written.Always look forward to your blogs.Soz about the wee tot with diarrhoea (correct spelling as its in proper English not American wanna be English).Hope she's all better now.

Its great you enjoyed the Dashain function...did you have to take any G&Ts to prepare for this one?

My week has so far been good.Met a nice youngeeeeeer man.He's above 18 so all legal.And then I finaly confirmed that my immediate boss is really a noodle,as much of a noodle as a noodle can come.

Other than that all is good.

Hope hubby, son and twin II are all well.

Have a good evening..:)

Amy Waif said...

yes, sorry I don't write enough - this is partly due to the difficulty in actually getting the laptop. I think I may have to kidnap it and force the rest of the family to buy a new one for their own Dr Who viewing etc. Also it's because, honestly, my life isn't very interesting...unless you count sitting alone in my living room writing lots of stuff that will in all likelihood never get published interesting!
Enjoy your younger man (you can't go wrong if he has his own hair and teeth...)!