Wednesday 6 October 2010

fraud

Just had scary message from bank's fraud section. They have blocked my visa card, and I haven't been able to buy the next series of Entourage from Amazon, boo. What I was really worried about was that someone might have drained our account and we wouldn't be able to go on holiday to Dubai (we really need to go now - Hubby is starting to look and sound like an over-filled pressure cooker, so we have to leave the country before he explodes)...however, it turns out that when I bought Son's 'Dr Who's Journal of impossible things' on Paypal and added and extra £1 donation to the Pakistan flood appeal, the £1 Paypal payent triggered off investigation by the bank's fraud office. It's great that they're vigilant, but blocking my visa card for the sake of one quid seems a tad over zealous. However, good to know that they're on the ball, and we can still go on our hols.
Really really tired today as Twin 1 (now much better, thanks) was in my room at about 4.30 this morning complaining about what was clearly a Dr Who-inspired nightmare. I think I might have to instigate a Disney Princesses only viewing schedule for the next few days, to ensure I get a full night's sleep (which I really need, after my Bollywood class). Think I might go and rest my eyes a bit before the school pickup xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, your blogs are interesting truly and two, reading them is not an indicator of the vapid existence that I call my life.Look at it this way, its like when everyone else if heading for face book, I on the other hand are looking forward to your blog. Yes....there's a compliment in there!

Good you will go on holiday after all.Hoping the pressure cooker holds till Dubai.

A weird one here...would actually like to meet you one day and this is a small world so who knows.Connect blog to writer....

Good tot is doing better!

Younger man....quite the dish.

Have a very cheery evening.:)

Amy Waif said...

Well, let me know if you happen to be in kathmandu any time soon, and I'll take you cashmere shopping!