Monday 17 June 2013

Well, we weren't abducted by aliens on the way to the water park, which was lucky, as otherwise that would have been a waste of sixty quid. It wasn't as good as Atlantis in Dubai, but, hey, Staffordshire isn't the UAE, and it was a lot cheaper. The kids had a blast. Today, however, the fun is over, and I'm back to looking after an ill child (Twin 2, yet again) and feeling pretty rubbish myself. I think I must be fighting off the same lurgy, and also still aching from all those 'sumo squats' I was forced to do in a gym class on Saturday (Major Bumsaw, indeed). But the good news is that I have cleaned the downstairs bathroom. Yes, I know! It only took about a minute as well - can't think why I always make such a fuss about it. Also, whilst Twin 2 was being very ill under her quilt in front of the telly, I made chicken soup, banana flapjacks and typed up another chapter of my book (the denoument beckons...), so today hasn't been totally wasted. I could do with going to bed right now now now, though. A couple of things I keep meaning to mention first:
1. Twin 1 has named her freckles. They are all called Bob (Bob the first, Bob the second and so on).
2. Hubby says I look like an angry Russian prostitute (a worrying observation for two reasons: firstly that I look like an angry Russian prozzie, obviously, but secondly that he knows what an angry Russian prostitute looks like...probably best not to dwell on that one).
3. Hubby owes Twin 2 eight years worth of apologies for giving her a hard time for things she can't help (we've just had the results of a test that shows that although there's nothing wrong with her sight, there are some problems with the way her brain interprets what she sees...so for all the times he's said 'for goodness sakes, surely you could see that coming!', nope, she couldn't, because her brain hadn't had a chance to catch up). I said if I was her I'd ask for something sparkly, but she seems happy just to forgive him.
Right, supper's ready, and then only a few hours until bed, can't wait...xxx

No comments: