Saturday 5 March 2011

cinderella

I did go to the ball! I did drink too much wine! My dress was tarty and inappropriate! And I won the raffle! So hurrahs all round.
I had a bit of a headache this morning. Hubby did too. He says it must be the air conditioning in the hotel room (couldn't possibly be the vast quantities of free booze we quaffed). However, we bravely fought into a vertical position and wobbled down to the breakfast buffet. After a huge fry up, followed by a continental breakfast and about twenty cups of sweet tea, I began to feel bit better.
Not sure if I did anything I should be embarrassed about, but I do remember dancing quite enthusiastically to 'Kung Fu fighting' at one point, so just have to hope that nobody had a camcorder.
The kids had a sleepover at a friend's house (the one who makes great cupcakes) and had a great time too. So this afternoon we are all a bit sleepy and wobbly and everyone is more than content to spend the afternoon watching Dr Who and eating chocolate biscuits.
However, I have to go out tonight, too - a wedding reception in Thamel. Not sure I will manage to be quite as chirpy as last night...
Take care xx

4 comments:

Maxine Crawford said...

Would kill for your social life Cinders! It's even better than my kids'!
Bored domestic engineer, Perth x

Maxine Crawford said...

Would kill for your social life Cinders! It's even better than my kids'!
Bored domestic engineer, Perth x

Anonymous said...

Looks like u get in stereo! Oh well better than silence x

Amy Waif said...

It's only the one ball a year, Maxine! xx