Thursday 24 April 2014

Hello again. How are you? I'm still kitchen-less (and humourless). I know, shouldn't complain, taxpayers expense, etc. In many ways being unable to do the washing or cooking is a good thing. Tonight I came home from work to a nice fresh layer of cement on the kitchen floor, so no chance of even washing Son's filthy PE kit (yes, he left it at school throughout the Easter hols and has only just brought it home) or even bunging a pizza in the oven. Hey-ho, I thought, we'll just have yet another McDonald's, so I plopped back in the car, leaving Scooby Doo to babysit for me, and zoomed off...only to discover that McDonald's is also being refurbished and is closed for the next few weeks. Nooo! We had fish and chips last night, for heaven's sakes, so I couldn't go down the chippy again. So the kids ended up having pretzels, tomatoes, cheese strings and chorizo (what will I do if Lidl shuts, too?). And I'm on a fasting day, so I was only ever going to have an unexciting oat cake and salad anyway.
I suppose the good thing is that I'm really looking forward to being able to use the kitchen again, and, rather than feeling like it's my personal domestic prison, I will embrace it with the joy and warmth of a long-lost companion. In fact, I'm so excited about the prospect of returning to my culinary sanctum I have even ordered a new hand whisk (in order to better whip up cup cakes, natch). xxx

No comments: