Sunday 25 May 2008

I know I am totally pants but I cannot begin to bore you with the stresses of the last few weeks.

 Oh all righty then, I will. 

There were all the injections, and the feature I was writing with a deadline that coincided with the packers arriving, and the weekend guests, and there was the mouse in the kitchen, and the half marathon (which was supposed to be down hill but bloody wasn't, I can tell you!), and yet another hideous cold that I thought was a chest infection but of course wasn't, but was just me being a 'malingering tart' (Hubby's phrase). Then of course Hubby went and bought a new computer, which didn't work. And then, this last week, even though there has been a computer (and that's just about all there is left in our cavernous empty house, now around twenty tons of plastic toys have been shipped off to Nepal), I have had a series of pressing social engagements: book club, highlights, team curry at boss's house, and finally last night the Partylite party (which was a bit like Anne Summers, but minus the comedy value - the idea is that you all get together over drinks and nibbles to buy overpriced scented candles. I only went because the hostess is a lovely lady who does my reflexolgy - don't give a stuff about smelly wax. At least my step mother-in-law will now get a birthday present. I think she's the kind of woman who does care about the aroma and ambience in her hallway. I hope so as she's about to receive a candle in a tin, which smells of pink pepper and orchid - and at under a tenner, was about the only thing in the catalogue I could justify buying. The odd thing is, that I never ever win anything ususally, but at this party, I actually won something in the raffle. Of course it was just a bloody scented candle, so I gave it to my lovely next door neighbour - who is also the kind of woman who appreciates these things. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love going to houses where the air is lightly scented with vanilla and the the place shimmers with the light from a dozen beautiful candles, there are healthy nibbled arranged on the recently-dusted coffee tables, etc. It's just that I can't be arsed to do that kind of thing myself.) Anyway, so it's been busy.
Now Hubby has gone off adventure training (sailing) - or so he says. To be honest I haven't taken much notice, what with everything else that's been going on, so he may have left me for a 19-year-old hairdresser (lucky girl - it won't last once she sees the 'old steptoe' face). Alternatively, he may just be trying to avoid a family gathering, which is imminent (my mother's birthday next weekend). 
He has helpfully left me with one car for sale on ebay and the other booked into the garage. And it's half term. Thanks for that.
I look forward to a lovely long week with three kids at home, no toys and no cars and no Daddy...

No comments: