Tuesday 27 May 2008

Ah, lush rainy and windy bank holiday weekend with no Hubby or toys or anything. Thank the Lord for soft play centres - luckily they are so busy at the moment, that no-one seems to notice that we far out play our two-hour session limit. If there was an option to take sleeping bags and kip over I think we'd go for it. Not sure how healthy it is for kids to survive on diet of hot dogs and chocolate frogs, but I'm sure they'd be okay (probably better for them than my dubious culinary skills).
We did eventually make it home from soft play today, and I inflicted The Sound of Music on the kids. Hurrah for BBC 1! They would only have had an argument over whether to watch Monsters Inc or Barbie and the Dancing Princesses on DVD anyway, so in the spirit of conflict resolution, we all watched lovely Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer singing their little hearts out and escaping the Nazis. I only cried a couple of times, too (really couldn't help myself when they were on stage doing Edelweiss).... maybe that's what I can do with the rest of half term: dress the kids up in old curtains and teach them the soundtrack to the Sound of Music (not sure any of them will thank me for adding this to their childhood memory bank, though).
Well, I'm off now so, so long, farewell, aufwiedersehen and adieu!

No comments: