Friday 30 May 2008

Friendly babysitter came round at six this evening so no need for Cassis - good job too, as I managed to polish off the rest of the bottle last night (oh, it was nearly empty already, honest), whilst watching River Cottage and calling my sister about banners with 'Happy 70th Birthday' on them. Yes, Mum's birthday bash is imminent...
So anyway I escaped for a run at six. Felt like I would run very, very fast away from the house, especially as the Twins had skipped their afternoon nap and had been mini-banshees for the last hour or so, but my thighs were their usual leaden selves. I have been hoping that the stress of uprooting the family and moving to they Himalayas would affect my appetite and shave a couple of inches of cellulite off wobbly bits. But sadly the reverse seems to be true. Am almost looking forward to getting Kathmandu-tummy and losing a couple of kilos. 
Well, I must go and tidy up the house now. Even though it is almost empty, it still manages to look untidy, somehow, and the cleaner is coming tomorrow. And half my family, of course. Oh, and I have a massive stack of ironing, and Twin 2 has just started to cry. Might be a late night!

No comments: