Saturday 3 December 2011

'I bet you looked good on the dance floor...in 1984'.

So, blogging when you're drunk. A good thing or no? Lets find out, shall we, as I recount in tedious detail what was the adventure of the wive xmas party 2011....
I was sat with the lovely K, who is lovely, and agreed to come to the function with me, and I'm jolly glad she did, because I soon realised that I didn't really know anyone else. At all. K was sat next to a beautiful woman who told us a lot about her platinum jewellery and about the fact that her husband is her stepfather's best friend (as is the way in North Devon). The disco played a nice selection of music, including Black Box's 'ride on time' and B52's 'love shack' so of course, in my head I was eighteen again. Do you remember the Arctic Monkey's had a song a few years ago 'I bet you looked good on the dance floor...in 1984'. I think they had me in mind when they wrote the lyrics. I'm quite sure I did look good on the dance floor at some point in previous decades, but certainly not now. However, after many glasses of wine, I didn't care.
The disco was interspersed with karaoke. (Yes, it doesn't really bear imagining). I persuaded K to join me in a rendition of Madonna's 'like a virgin' but sadly the DJ had to leave before he got to our number. (Do you think he might have seen my dancing and thought better of letting me have control of a microphone?)
So then I got home to the delights of dog sick and rat poo. Quite a lot of dog sick, actually - I think giving Dog chips and beans for supper wasn't a very good idea, in retrospect.
If this blog is somewhat incoherent, I apologise, but place the blame squarely on the poor quality of the wine in the sergeants' mess.
Good night xxx

No comments: