Thursday 7 June 2012

Hi, how are you? Today is my husband's birthday. He is forty-six. I know this because three children came into the bedroom at around seven this morning chanting, "Forty-six, forty-six, forty-six!". This means it's a whole thirty years since he first went into the army recruiting office and asked to join up. (They sent him away then, because he was two pounds underweight, so he couldn't actually join until a whole year later. )Today is a grey and rainy day in Nottingham, so we have been spending his birthday at home, playing on the Wii and eating birthday cake.
So how has your half term been so far? We had great plans to go camping...until we saw the weather forecast. Luckily most of the other kids in the street have also been at home, or rather, at our home. I'm never quite sure which small child I will find where, and we're going through the multipack crisps at quite a rate, I can tell you. Apart from today, wierdly. I haven't found a random neighbour's child anywhere today. I'm not sure if it's because they have a sixth sense about the fact that Hubby is forty-six, forty-six, forty-six, or because they know there are only cheese and onion crisps left.
I keep looking out of the window hopefully. If the sun comes out then I'm going for a run, but if it doesn't then I'm having another piece of birthday cake...looks like it's more cake then. Hope the sun is shining where you are xxxx

No comments: