Thursday 14 June 2012

Hello, how are you? Major Bumsaw has morphed into a domestic god (which is a slightly geekier version of a domestic goddess - think lovechild of Nigella and the bloke off the gadget show), which means we had healthy mushroom stew for supper and we get to watch a new 3-D television. Fantastic. It's a bit like having Meena and Mani back, but all in one person, and without the odd language and cultural differences (he didn't feel the need to tell me that the children will get diarhroea  -oops sorry, still can't spell it - if they go around with bare feet, for example) . And the really good news is that the army still hasn't given him a job to go to, so I've got my splendiferous housekeeper indefinitely...well, apart from on Friday when he's off to get drunk with his mate (so we'll have to have a McDonald's that night).
Today I started writing my dissertation. By 'writing' I of course mean staring into space, having lots of cups of tea, and worrying that I'm really not up to the task. Luckily my new domestic god doubles up as a dissertation mentor, and gave me some top plot tips (in between chopping mushrooms and tuning in the new telly). I hope the army don't want him back too soon xxx

No comments: