Wednesday 20 June 2012

Footie's on, so I've got nobody to talk to except you...actually I'm going to watch it in a bit, if I can persuade my husband to crack open the whisky or something.

Since I last blogged my son has managed to turn into something of a local radio star and I've managed not to turn into the elephant woman. Last week Gem 106 (our local station) visited the kids' school during lunch hour to serve lunch and interview the kids, which was wildly exciting (would have been even more exciting if I'd got the dinner lady job, but more of that later) at the time but totally thrilling during 'Sam & Amy's breakfast show' the following morning when 'Amy' played her interview with Son. It went something like this:

Amy: Hello, do you like football?
Son: No, I prefer maths, actually.
Her: Wow, what do you like about maths?
Him: Well, it give me a feeling like solid metal bars when I think about it.
Her: Okay...what else do you like?
Him: I like moles.
Her: Er...why?
Him: Because I imagine that they have a whole network of tunnels extending underneath the planet's surface, and....(here he continued at some length).
Her: Brilliant! Can I take you home with me, please?

Well, no, Amy from Gem 106, you can't, because he's mine (I may have to fight her in the toilets). Not only was I feeling insecure in my motherhood that day, with concerns that minor local celebrities were about to abduct my son, I was also feeling generally worried as I had woken up that morning with a face all red and puffed up. I made an emergency appointment at the doctors for some medical advice, which consisted of a shrug and a suggestion to go to the pharmacy and buy some antihistamines, after which she said, oooh, wasn't your son a star on the radio this morning? Can I adopt him, please? (actually I lied about the last bit, but it wouldn't have surprised me if she had said that, given his current celebrity status).

Anyway, luckily my face got less puffy over the weekend, and no random stranger has snatched my son and sold their story to Heat magazine. So that's alright then.
Right, better go and watch the footie. Night then xxx

No comments: