Tuesday 11 December 2012

Hiya, yes, I am still here, surrounded by ill children and animals. I've just been doing my Christmas shopping online: stilton, ginger wine, parsnips...nom, nom, all the things we couldn't get in Nepal. Twin 1 has been muttering grumpily about why our house doesn't have lots of lights outside like the others - Hubby told her it's because we have taste (which isn't true, it's because I'm lazy, and I'd also rather spend the money on ginger wine and stilton, thank you very much).
So, exciting week - I graduate on Wednesday (woo-hoo) and then it's the Twins' xmas carol service at the local church later on. Twin 2 is going to be a ribbon dancer (she has promised me she won't fall off the stage). What a day, can't wait!
The other excitement is that Son has invented a new sport. It's called Commando Karate. Oh, alright, he just forgot to put on his pants last time he went to Karate club. Still, sounds good, no? I think it could take off, much in the same way that beach volleyball did...maybe for the Rio Olympics?
Hmmm, what else? I have packed up all my lovely homemade chutney into xmas gift bags ready for my thrifty-yet-thoughtful teacher presents. This Christmas, I'm not just spreading the love, I'm spreading the pickle, too ;)

No comments: