Wednesday 19 December 2012

I am now going to make you feel a whole lot better about your life.

No, I'm not going to tell you to meditate/give to charity/finally let go of the resentment you feel towards your ex. I'm simply going to tell you what I did today, and your own life will seem filled with excitement by comparison.

Okay, so here goes: first I went to Tesco to buy two pillows (to replace the ones the rogue rat ate at the weekend); next I went home and did my tax return, filled a DLA form for my daughter, registered as self-employed and filled in a form about class 2 NI contributions (I didn't break for lunch, just had a bowl of ravioli on the job - DLA forms are quite lengthy); then I went for a quick run, and there was just time to mop the kitchen floor before picking up kids from school; I picked up Son from an after school club and cooked supper; after supper I went through the family finances and finished off the online xmas shop; I washed the Twins' hair, played cards with Son, and then after they'd all gone to bed came downstairs and did the washing up and bunged all the stuff in the breadmaker so the kids can have toast for breakfast. It's now 9.30pm.

Living the dream or what?

Hubby just phoned (he's been away in some far flung location, natch) and when I listed the tedium of my day he just said: "Well, that's what it's like being a grown up."

So, do you feel any better about your life now.....? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Army Waif, thank you for keeping up with the blog in 2012. Its has kept me entertained and even educated. You are a good writer and I enjoy your sense of humour. Its been interesting to see how your lives have changed/transitioned from Nepal back to England.Keep the blogs coming in 2013.

Hope hubby, son and twins are keeping well. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous(NGN published and in the book stands prosperous) New Year 2013.

Warmest Wishes, ANON ;-)

Amy Waif said...

Thank you, ANON. I hope you have a fab xmas :) xx