Monday 17 December 2012

Just had a very nice weekend in London, for my third turkey dinner so far this year (and the best yet, thanks to the culinary skills of my sister-in-law's boyfriend). The drive was fine this time: I have swapped 'bossy Steve' for my nice man on google maps (I haven't decided what to call him yet, but he has an English accent and takes me in the right direction, so he's a vast improvement on Steve). Turns out that one of the rats also took a little weekend break - to the sofa bed (Son didn't shut the cage properly - again). So that'll be another two new pillows to buy....I am contemplating fining Son some pocket money this time - much as I did last week, when I found the pile of his lovingly ironed (by me) clothes in a crumpled heap, stuffed randomly into an already overstuffed drawer. I told him that the first iron is free, but any subsequent ironing needed on the same clean items will  be charged (only twenty pence, I'm not that much of a dragon).
So, now we're into the last week of school before the hols, and the excitement is really mounting. Twins have managed to win themselves a trip to the cinema with their deputy head teacher on account of their good behaviour (woo hoo - the lovely Ms J clearly doesn't know what they're like first thing in the morning) and they're also singing with the school choir in Tesco on Wednesday (I'm hoping Tesco will pay for their bit of festive child exploitation, with free mulled wine for parents at the very least). Right, I have another stack of lovingly-ironed clothes to take upstairs now, so I'd better go. Take care xxx

No comments: