Thursday 10 July 2014

Oh, hello, how's it going? I've cracked open the fake tan and tackled my pant moustache, in anticipation of the heat wave that's coming our way. Apparently. So one of my bosses told me the other day. Not sure why I'm feeling optimistic about it, really. The last so-called heat wave lasted all of twenty-four hours, as I recall. Anyway, at least my varicose veins are buffed and gradually turning a slightly less transluscent shade of blue.
What else? Hmmm....the mystery machine is still blinking the orange light in the corner of the dashboard in a sickly way any time I put my foot on the accelerator. I think it just has the vehicular equivalent of feeling a bit discombobulated. I'm sure the chaps at the garage think that I have the mechinics version of Munchhausen-by-proxy syndrome. Or that I fancy them (they may well think that because Twin 1 is convinced of it, and never fails to mention something in an embarrassingly loud voice every time I have to drop the van off there).
Work has calmed down a bit, and I've had a chance to write a bit more, so I've nearly finished the final final final version of the novel. Just one scene left and a bit of tweaking, I think. Yipee, in time for the hols.
Other than that, I've spent a stupid amount of time looking at houseboats for sale and houses for sale and contemplating the future. If I tell you any more than that, I'll jinx it, so you'll have to wait for details.
I'm also starting to have vague thoughts about a sequel to the novel I've nearly finished. I'm just gestating, but I think I have the beginnings of a plan. I know, probably should get this one finished and off with an agent first. Maybe I'm getting a bit previous. But I'm looking forward to starting the process again - it's almost the best fun you can have (and definitely the best fun you can have on your own!).
Right then, hairwash night, better go.
Take care xxx

No comments: