Wednesday 30 July 2008

found my mojo!

Found my mojo! There it was, in a reflexology and shiatsu place next to a trendy Japanese cafe. I also found a jolly nice green and blue glass necklace thingy in the shop above the cafe. So gin and brownies no longer required. 
The pool has been closed for the last three days, which means the weather has been fabulous. The pool opens again tomorrow, so I am confidently expecting a good old monsoon downpour all day. 
We've had to drive to a nearby hotel for the last three days and pay pots of cash to swim there. It's the same hotel where I had the grumpy beauty treatments the other week, so I've been half-expecting the toad woman to be lurking poolside, but luckily haven't caught sight of her so far. 
They had an organic food fair next to the pool today, so the place was surrounded by wholemeal looking women munching earnestly on gritty buns. And it was the lifeguard's day off. I mentioned to the receptionist that I was going to the pool with three non-swimmers, but nobody seemed too concerned. I suppose if we got into trouble someone could just toss in an organic muffin for us to use an improvised buoyancy aid. Or alternatively the toad woman could whip out of the beauty parlour and flick out her fly-catching tongue to rescue my drowning offspring. Luckily we were all ok, so neither cake nor tongue had to be employed on this occasion.
Went into camp this afternoon so kids could be suitably impressed when Hubby showed them the concrete pour on part of 'his' new water treatment works. They managed to look interested for at least thirty seconds, and then we all went to the canteen to get crisps and pop and then went to watch the some other soldiers playing basketball (the latter was entirely their idea and had nothing whatsoever to do with me wanting to brighten up my day by watching fit men in shorts).

No comments: