Monday 28 July 2008

I am better now, although seem to have temporarily mislaid my mojo...perhaps I left it in the ladies at Kilroy's restaurant on Friday night. There was a plaque in the loo dedicating the toilet to a Mrs Susan McGraw. It was very much like the plaques you see on wooden benches at sights of scenic interest, you know, "For Grandad, who so liked to sit here on summer evenings," etc. Except that it was in a toilet in Kathmandu. The sign didn't elaborate much, it just said it was for Susan. Personally, I would have liked a bit more detail, eg "For Susan, who used to come here to escape tedious chit chat of her husband's boring work mates", or maybe "For Susan, who so suffered from irritable bowel syndrome" or perhaps "For dear Susan, who enjoyed our curries a little too much.". Did she donate money so that the restaurant could provide customers with a proper sit-down lavvie, rather than the local squat down ones? Bless her heart if she did. But could it be that it is really more of a memorial, and that she passed away whilst passing wind. I hope not. It's a big mystery. As much of a mystery as my missing mojo. I have just looked for it in a chocolate brownie (which was a bit soggy and undercooked, but I don't have the heart to mention it to Meena, as my demands of homemade bread are apparently playing havoc with her arthritis, and I don't want to tip her over the edge) but it wasn't there, so I think I may try looking at the bottom of a glass of gin and tonic. Will let you know if I have any luck xxx

No comments: