Monday 21 July 2008

The weather is always great on a Monday. Because the pool is closed for cleaning. I guarantee it will piddle it down tomorrow when the pool is open again. Still, we managed to fill the day with a very exciting trip to the British Embassy in the morning (they have a climbing frame and swings, woo hoo!) and the girls managed to prevent monsoon lassitude from settling in by both getting runny tummies (I can't spell diohrea) this afternoon. Also escaped for a shopping trip this afternoon, sans kids, to a big department store on the other side of town called Babatinis. It's chock-full of all the things that we were told you couldn't get in Nepal. Like shoes in my size or Strepsils or, well, pretty much anything really. I was under the impression that we'd be roughing it out here, but I think whoever advised us clearly hadn't made it across town to Babatinis. 
The only thing I can't seem to find is swim nappies. Which I think I might need with some urgency, or the pool will have to be closed for cleaning on an even more regular basis!

No comments: