Thursday 8 January 2009

Ethan Hawke or Basil Fawlty?

Well, I have resorted to cooking brandy and Nytol, since you ask. Anyway, Hubby is back with his mate tomorrow, so I won't need to self-medicate in order to fall asleep, hopefully. 
Actually I have been invited on a girls night out, and I'm having a bit of a dilemma about it. Hubby has been away for a week now, and in situations like this I always get all soppy and remember how much I love him (especially last night when I watched 'Before Sunset' again - Ethan Hawke always reminds me of him. Yes, I know it's probably only me who sees that. Also Kevin Bacon, but I haven's seen a film with him in for years. Mind you I haven't actually seen a movie for years. I suppose he has done something since Apollo 13, but it would be news to me). Anyway, I'm blathering on here. The point is, it should be a good night out, but I have missed my husband. However, when he gets home, he will probably only get grumpy about Twin 2 doing a poo in her pants or the lack of water/diesel/toilet roll in the house, and I'll just want to escape anyway... so I've told them to keep me pencilled in, until I see who turns up at the house: if it's Kevin Bacon or Ethan Hawke then I'm staying put, but if it's Captain Mainwaring or Basil Fawlty, then I'll be in my leather skirt and heels before you can say 'G&T please'.

No comments: