Monday 19 January 2009

we saw a tiger!

It was Ethan Hawke, but only for long enough for me to cancel my evening plans, after which Ethan quickly morphed into Mainwaring, glowering impatiently from behind the computer, which he has hogged pretty much ever since. Which is partly my reason for not being in touch earlier, but also the internet connection has been truly appalling and we've been away on an elephant safari too. Anyway, kids are back at school now, Hubby is in Pokhara (I don't think he's with the dancing dwarfs, as I think they are on strike at the moment, along with the bar dancers, but he is with his work colleague, who I think is shorter, and given Hubby's own - erm - I don't want to say diminutive - but there you go I just have - stature means that if they could both be persuaded to do a bit of a jig, there would at least be a couple of  'dancing dwarfs' in pokhara tonight. Sorry chaps, if you're reading this, only kidding - you are small and mighty, like marmite or dettol or something perhaps a bit more flattering that I can't actually think of right now), and the internet is on, so I'm back online again, hurrah.
Anyway, I have to tell you that I saw a tiger on my elephant safari, which apparently never happens, as people keep telling me. Well I did. And Hubby's Best Mate has a small blurred brown blob in a photograph to prove it. And Twin 2, who was also on the elephant with myself and Best Mate, says its true, and she never lies (except when you ask her if she's done a poo in her pants, or eaten all the chocolates out of her brother's advent calendar).
However, as it was only me, Best Mate and the reliable-eyewitness that is Twin 2, who actually saw the tiger (and actually there could be some confusion over the size of the cat: it could have been a big one, a long way away, or quite possibly a small one very close - hard to tell from the top of an elephant - maybe there was a local nearby clinking a teaspoon on a saucer and calling, come on Tibbles, time for your Kit-e-Kat), we all had to go to the zoo on Sunday to get a proper look at one. Hubby spent a very long time taking photos, which he has promised to cunningly insert into our camcorder footage of the safari to make it look as if we all saw a really big, gleaming tiger, when in fact we mostly saw leaves and occasionally the elephant in front doing a poo - which when you're a three-year-old girl or a six-year-old boy is a pretty thrilling spectacle, you know, and not to be sniffed at (no, really, not to be sniffed at).
Sorry, enough of the crap jokes (oops, did it again). Time to go.

No comments: