Monday 29 April 2013

Just realised that I only seem to write this when I'm starving hungry these days. So, yes, it is a fast day and I am starving hungry, even more so today because I did my first session of the 'Insanity' workout at the gym earlier on (it's a 60-day intensive fitness programme, and today was day 1). So it may well be a bacon buttie for breakfast tomorrow.
What else? We took the kids sailing on Friday evening. Or, rather, we took them to the sailing club and a really nice instructor took them out in a dinghy whilst Hubby and I sat in the clubhouse and had tea and chocolate biscuits. It was pretty enjoyable, until Twin 2 turned up in tears because she'd been let off the boat to go to the loo and had got lost and fallen down some steps. Luckily she bounces well. I think it's going to become a regular Friday night thing (the sailing, but hopefully not the falling down steps). We only had Hubby here for one night as he had to go back to London to see his friend off at Heathrow, but no matter, because the rest of us were invited over to a BBQ at someone's house on Sunday. Yes, brrr, I wore my very thick jumper just in case, but luckily only the actual BBQ-ing took place outside; I spent most of the afternoon sat on my bum indoors, eating, whilst children ran about playing hide & seek, so we barely missed Hubby at all. Twin 2 told everyone that she'd got engaged to Harry Styles (from One Direction  - not sure about spelling?) and that because he'd kissed her and given her a ring, they had to get married straight away. Not sure if the delusion has anything to do with falling down at the sailing club and delayed concussion, but maybe someone should warn Harry...Right, I think I need to find some diet Coke or sugar-free gum or something, just a pretence of calorific intake will do. And then I'm going to have a really long think about my perfect breakfast. Bye xxx

4 comments:

allijulivert said...

Sounds like torture! Does it work?

Amy Waif said...

well...initially I lost 3lbs and then the following week only 1lb, and this week nothing at all or possibly gained half a stone. I know, it's confusing. My husband decided that the scales were broken and went and bought some new ones. The problem is that on the new ones I'm heavier than when I started (and the old ones say I've lost 4 lbs in total). I think it works...but I'm lacking empirical evidence. How's yours going?

allijulivert said...

New scales are always a risky business! My mum was pleased to discover that on my (brand-new-at-the-time) digital scales she weighed half a stone less than on her ancient one.

The adapted low-carb is going ok. Have lost 10lb but have been doing it for longer - about a month. And I have a lot to lose, having gained (ehem!!) about 3 stone since son was about 2.(So can't even claim baby weight).

Amy Waif said...

10 lbs is brilliant! Wish I weighed less on the new scales. On the old scales I only had about another two lbs to lose. On the new scales I have seven. Sad face. Still, its not going to stop me having the curry night from heaven on saturday, whatever the scales say x