Monday 10 May 2010

kiera knightly's relationship with meat pies

Hello. Guess what? The bandh is over, hurrah. Apparently BGN was on the brink of flying us (dependents) home as we were running out of water, but now it's all over. Kids are back at school (kind of miss them, especially as it means I have no reason not to start work on next book - although today I did of course have to go out and buy a brand new notebook and three different shades of post-it notes, and I had to source a pinboard because my new how-to book suggests it, and by the time I'd done all that it was nearly time to pick up the kids. This proves that my procrastination skills are top-drawer, even if my plotting skills are bottom-of-the-wardrobe).
Hubby is asleep already. He decided to go for a run at 5.30 this morning, to try to avoid the horrendous Kathmandu traffic. Unfortunately for him I think all the truck drivers had decided to start work at 5.30 am, also to try to avoid the traffic. So he had horrible carbon-monoxide-inhaling run and has been exhausted all day. Actually I think we'll all end up borderline asthmatic by the time we leave here. Carbon emission reduction is to Kathmandu vehicles what meat pies are to Kiera Knightly.
So, you can help me with the slow process of the new book (if you want).
The story is about an army officer (woman) who discovers that her father, whom she believed dead, is still alive. Its about her journey to discover her past, and the impact that has on her future.
Hmmm, what d'you reckon? If you can come up with anything better then do let me know, before I get embroiled in the whole pinboard and post-it notes thing.


No comments: