Sunday 16 May 2010

she's a biter

So, the other day I heard a right hullaballoo coming from the downstairs bathroom. I rushed in to find Twin 2 in tears and Twin 1 skulking nearby. Twin 2 told me that Twin 1 had just bitten her on the hand, and she showed me the bite marks. Twin 1 huffily defended herself by saying that Twin 1 was wasting water, because she had left the tap running. I didn't really know how to respond to such a dedicated level of commitment to environmental concerns on Twin 1's part. I think I muttered "oh-well-at-least-you-didn't-draw-blood-don't-forget-to-say-sorry" or something equally useless.
They never tell you how to deal with things like that in parenting manuals, do they?
However, I think perhaps Twin 1 might be onto something. Hubby's department and BGN have been trying desperately to make us conserve water. They have installed water meters, leafletted us with conservation tips, and given us all big buckets so we can use our grey water for flushing. But perhaps if anyone leaves a tap running in BGN then we should just send Twin 1 round to bite them on the hand, that'll teach all the over zealous flushers a lesson.

No comments: