Saturday 29 May 2010

catholic night in

This evening I'm having a taste of what it's like to be a good catholic...I have six kids asleep upstairs, between the ages of four and eight. It's gone 9pm now, and it's nice and quiet, so I think it's safe to pour my second G&T and maybe raid the chocolate coated strawberries and put on a DVD that Hubby wouldn't want to watch (last night I watched Coco before Chanel, which should have been good, and it was, but the really dreadful subtitles were off-putting, to say the least. Hey, I gave up French after O'levels, but even I could work out that what was being said on screen was not what was appearing in the text, eg. 'It say monkey but I not want', and so forth. But what can you expect from a pirate copy that cost less than 40p?). I have a DVD I haven't watched yet where Colin Firth plays a gay man, but he was gay in Mama Mia too, and I don't like it. He might be getting on a bit, but so am I, and I much prefer my male totty to be heterosexual. Ooh, I have just found an English one called Fish Tank. Looks a bit gritty (there are hoodies and high rise flats on the cover), but at least I can be fairly certain that nobody will be moved to remark 'It say monkey but I not want' at any point.
Well, gin and chocolate call. TTFN x

No comments: