Friday 4 June 2010

retail high

Woo hoo, just bought something on Amazon. Oh, don't get all excited, it's only a couple of pairs of flight socks so I don't get DVT on the way home. Still, at least I got the thrill of clicking 'proceed to checkout' and in a week or so I'll get a nice parcel to open (I know, it's a bit tragic how excited I get at the prospect of post. I was lamenting to someone the other day about how we never write or send letters any more. I kind of miss it, in a way - although not enough to make me sit down and actually write to anyone).
Today was pirate day at school. It was so exciting that it of course necessitated the Twins getting up at five thirty and being dressed in their pirate outfits and stood next to my bed by quarter to six, bless 'em (of course we still had to run for the bus, despite being up at the crack of dawn). I forbade them from making me speak until after six. I just can't manage the whole thought-plus-articulation process at that time in the morning.
Now I have to go and put my mouthguard in, to turn my teeth into sparkly twinkly things and not yellowy tea-stained things.
Night x

No comments: