Friday 18 June 2010

...but at the moment they are playing cooking in the bath, so I have time to write something. Hubby is back, hurrah. Tried to make him a celebratory coming home/late birthday cake. It was to be a carrot cake (well, the packet said it had carrot-flavoured pieces in it). I forgot that I'd put it in the oven, and left it in for four hours, so it ended up more of a piece of coal than a carrot cake. In the end I had to get Meena to make one. (Blimey, if I can't even manage to make a cake from cake mix any more, how on earth am I going to cope when we are posted? Robotic hoover, paper plates and take aways, I guess.). Anyhow, he was very happy to be home, for about twenty four hours at least. The happiness is now gradually being replaced by his habitual grumpiness, but it was nice while it lasted!
Twins now have finished cooking in the bath (with better results than me in the kitchen), so I must go xxx

No comments: