Wednesday 2 June 2010

Why is Meena so happy?

And now I know why she was so cheery. It was pure schadenfreude...she's only gone and given me food poisoning:

Her: Memsahib, me make new salads, you try?
Me: Oh, thanks, Meena, they do look tasty!
(thinking: which makes a nice change)
Her: You like?
Me: Mmm, delicious!
(thinking: surprisingly so)

At five am, with my bum on the loo and my head in a bucket:

Me: arrrgh!
(thinking: now I understand that what made the salads that extra bit mouthwateringly good, was the hearty dollop of botulism in every mouthful).

Still, as someone reminded me earlier, just think of the benefits: instant weight loss!
Maybe Meena is on my side after all?

2 comments:

allijulivert said...

Does she really call you Memsahib? Takes me right back to The Little Princess.
Hope you are feeling better (and slimmer :)

Amy Waif said...

Much better and slimmer, thanks. And, yes, she does call me memsahib!