Sunday 20 June 2010

weekend

Oooh, only nine days until we go back to the UK for our hols, really exciting! I'm excited about being home, seeing friends and family...less excited about the scary long-distance-twenty-two-hour journey to get there. Guess I have to try not to think about it, and just hope nobody voms or poos in the wrong place or time (especially not me).
We've had a quiet weekend, watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, mostly (or at least, that's what it feels like - it's one long film). I went to someone's leaving party last night, but Hubby dobbed out on me at the last minute, so I had to schmooze and network and be a social butterfly all on my own, which I'm a bit rubbish at, to be honest, and I was driving as well, so I came home sober and grumpy - although the nibbles were nibbletastic. There's another leaving party next weekend - think I might have to make Hubby come along, if only so that I can have a large gin and not worry about making scintillating conversation with people who I will never see again.
Am I turning into an old codger? Probably...

No comments: