Tuesday 13 July 2010

summer hols

yes, yes, I know, I haven't written anything for ages. And I didn't even buy anything in the Boden sale either, I just put loads of stuff in my shopping basket and then chickened out at the last minute.
Twin 2 is sleeping in my bed tonight, lucky me. Grandparents have insisted on her sleeping on a towel as the mattress is new and they don't trust her (with good reason). I'm hoping she doesn't vom - she's quite ill, poor thing, with a headache, tummy ache and fever (anyone medically qualified who knows what this is, feel free to comment). She woke up just now screaming that her eye was hurting, and for one fearful moment I thought she had Japanese encephalitis or something wierd that makes your eyeballs pop out, but then I realised that she had rolled over onto a plastic Noddy toy, so all is well (ish - apart from the fact I'm sharing my bed with her).
That aside, the holiday continues to be pretty much what holidays should. Yesterday we spent all day on the beach, eating fish and chips and ice cream with Aunty L and AL. Today Grandparent took us for a walk to a lighthouse (Twin 2 wasn't able to go up the steps to the top so stayed at the bottom, talking on the phone to Daddy and telling him all about her various ailments: tummy ache, head ache, fever, cut on knee, hurting toe, poorly finger... the list goes on. Too nervous to take her to the doctor in case I get accused of Munchausen-by-proxy syndrome, as she will go on rather too pathetically about all her medical issues.)
Think it might rain tomorrow, so contemplating long day at home with hypochondriac Twin 2 and bored siblings. Might have to resort to driving somewhere and buying sweets and then coming back and watching telly, or something equally bad mother-ish.
Take care x

2 comments:

allijulivert said...

Well, you need to take a holiday, too.

I am far from medically qualified but I am motherly qualified :) These symptoms are those of a young child that has not yet managed to pick up all the bugs in the world and is still collecting.

By the way, I am very jealous of you for having fish and chips.

x x x

Amy Waif said...

Blimey, you should have a white coat and an important-looking clipboard - I think you might be right, doctor!