Tuesday 30 November 2010

Brrr, chillers!

Brrr, chillers! Although the only snow is on the mountains. And it's nearly Christmas, hurrah. Can't wait for exciting nativity play, if only so that Twins will hopefully have got "Little Donkey" and "Mary's Boy Child" well and truly off their chests by the time it's over, and not feel the need to sing xmas 'pop' songs to me over breakfast. Twin 2 is a dancing silver star (why, oh why do they always give her dancing parts? It's only a matter of time before she plummets off the stage and into the pit. Luckily, when she does, her fall will be broken by Twin 2, who is a musician - not a magician, as her friends would have us believe. Many mothers were quite surprised by how many offspring were claiming to be magicians in the school play, until we realised that 'magic' amounted to banging a triangle or shaking a tambourine.)
Hubby in Pokhara again tonight, and I had planned to do something useful like re-writing my first chapter or editing the xmas DVD for the grandparents. However, instead, I opted for a glass of port (good in the cold) and a spot of comedy on BFBS welfare disc, and then I had a dilemma about whether to buy a lipstick on Amazon (Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I get it cheaper anywhere else? etc. and in the end bored even myself with my petty fiscal dilemmas and gave up).
Sanu's last day today. I cried. I don't want her to go! Even though Hubby tells me she is just a cleaner, she has been my cleaner, and I liked her. And anyone prepared to do the housework for me and my very lazy family is a saint, in my eyes. Hubby thinks I'm being hormonal and irrational, but she has looked after my home and, on occasion, my kids, for the best part of two and a half years. Feels like the end of an era. It feels like the winds in the East and Mary Poppins is on the way, and our posting order will arrive soon, in fact.
On the cheery side, my leather jacket should be ready by now, so will need to get posted back to UK soon so I can wear it (which I know sounds mad, but it's always colder inside than out in Nepal in the winter, so coats don't really get much use).
Should I have another glass of port and watch some more comedy?
You're right, I really should.
Night, then x

No comments: