Wednesday 17 November 2010

chocolate oranges

Well, that's two of the chocolate oranges done. Only one to go! My excuse is that I've got a cold. You know what they say, 'starve a fever, feed a cold'. I'm not sure who says that actually. Probably the same person who says 'brussel sprouts make your hair curl'. Do you think there is some mad old woman out there somewhere, whispering unsolicited and medically incorrect advice into our subconsciousness? Does she sneak into our rooms when we're asleep, or pop up from behind the sofa when we are being forced to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang again (is she in league with the child catcher?)?
I think I should make up a few myself and add them to the mix: 'eat chocolate oranges, become irresistably attractive to younger men' perhaps; or 'a chocolate orange segment a day stops the Hubby from stray (ing)'; or even 'chocolate oranges make your boobs grow and banish wrinkles'.
The problem is, once the last chocolate orange has gone, where do I move on to? Will the advent calendars be safe for another two weeks, or will the children have to make do with opening the flap to an empty plastic space every day until xmas?
Its gone ten, so I have to go to bed now (it's the law). Goodnight x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha...it didn't take you long did it...I figured you could not resist the temptation but a delightful one though.Go on...scoff the last one...I would if I was in your shoes.

Have a jolly good day and hope the chocolate cures the cold. :)

Amy Waif said...

Thanks, what jolly sound advice!