Thursday 18 November 2010

research is essential

Hubby is in Pokhara, it's eight pm and I'm lying in bed scoffing the last chocolate orange and you can't stop me (neither, more importantly, can he).
The next great novel is progressing slowly, but it is progressing, which is good (which is less than can be said of my creative writing masters application, which has stalled, because all my academic certificates - all two of them - are in storage, bummer). Tomorrow Hubby and I are going out to the Ambassador Hotel and the Irish bar, for some essential research (yes, really), as my protagonist and her love interest get it together in these two places. Oh, and we're also popping into the leather shop for some xmas shopping, which I'm mightily excited about. Hubby suggested getting me a leather jacket made for xmas, to which I squealed with delight and said it was a fabulous idea, darling (I think I may have been a homosexual Californian man in a previous incarnation). And as essential research for the leatherware purchase, I'm meeting two friends with leather jackets for lunch tomorrow, so I can stroke their leather and decide which style to get copied (biker or trench?). It's tough this research business.
Only half a chocolate orange left.
I could quit whilst I'm ahead and have a sensible cup of camomile tea, or I could scarf the rest. Hmmm....

No comments: