Friday 12 August 2011

rain, fog and chocolate

It's foggy and rainy, but we have chocolate and Harry Potter, so I'm still happy to be back. Hubby keeps coming out with comments about how much of a relief it is to be back in the UK - even driving to Tesco is a joy (although I suspect the thrill of it will wear off eventually).
I'm getting increasingly reluctant to check my emails, because my book has been sent to an agent, and is also with an author who said he'd have a look at it and possibly also recommend it to another agent. Every time I check my mail, I hope that I'll get a good response from one of them, and also dread getting a bad response from both. But what if? What if one of them reads the first three chapters, thinks I'm brilliant and can't wait to get in touch and set up a meeting (slim chance, I know, but hey)? So I'm having dancing a crazy dance of emotions every time I glance at my aol account. Phew.
I'd like to tell you about something thrilling, but I really did mostly eat chocolate and watch Harry Potter today. I did go for a little run this morning (in the rain, natch), which almost made me feel okay about the chocolate, until I saw my big sister in her size eight skinny jeans having nothing but a bit of carrot soup for lunch.
Now I have to go and search for camping shops, because it's not long until our epic camping trip....

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Fingers crossed, look forward to hearing how you get on x x

Amy Waif said...

thanks lesley! xxx