Tuesday 30 August 2011

AWOL, no dongle

Sorry I'm absent without leave at the moment. I'm camping in Weymouth whilst we visit the in-laws. They are very helpfully letting us use their washing machine, etc, but even having nice clean clothes can't make up for the horror that is camping in a howling gale. I had visions of what late summer camping by the seaside should be: lots of lazy evenings sitting outside our little tent with a glass of Pimms, perhaps, whilst our angelic children slumbered peacefully inside, and all was quiet but for the odd barn owl or some such. Well, that'll teach me to daydream. Too cold to do anything but hop right on into the down sleeping bag, wearing pajamas and a cashmere jumper and pashmina (no, I'm not kidding). And certainly no late night drinkies as I can't risk needing the loo and having to get up in the torrential rain in the middle of the night. Furthermore, what with it being bank holiday weekend, the campsite was rammed with people in camper vans with really loud televisions. Still, we have seen the grandparents and watched Punch & Judy and had fish and chips, and Hubby is still managing not to instigate divorce proceedings, as I slouch around with a frown, thinking longingly of a place where we had to put the air conditioner on at night to make it cool enough to sleep, and there was someone else to do the washing up...
You might not hear from me again for a bit, as I haven't got a dongle...

No comments: