Saturday 11 February 2012

Woo hoo. Can you hear my excitement?

Hello, how's it going? We're just on the brink of half term, which is very exciting (if you're six or nine years old). Woo hoo. Can you hear my excitement? Can you? No, that's because I'm just thinking of all the additional washing and washing up I will have to do with kids out of uniform and at home. Also, no school for them equals no time to do coursework for me. At the moment I'm working on my next workshop piece where one of the characters gives birth. Writing it is almost as harrowing as actually giving birth, not least because I am almost guaranteed not to have it finished in time for my submission deadline.
What else is exciting? Lovely C and her daughter M are having an impromptu sleepover tonight. They didn't intend to; C is back for a visit from Nepal and only meant to pop in for a coffee in between visiting relatives. However, once she arrived, she came over all viral, so now she's trapped, poor thing, and not even well enough to watch a bit of telly and eat chocolate with me.
I know, I shouldn't be eating chocolate because I'm supposed to be on a diet. But I am so, so bored of living off quorn and noodles and things now. And, despite my tedious culinary existence, I have only lost about three pounds, which is rubbish, really (this might be due to cheating a bit this week - it's been so cold I have been having extra milk and sugar in my tea, plus the odd cereal bar...).
Anyway, I can't bear it any more, I'm off to get myself another mini bar of green and black's (if they're really small bars, they don't count, calorifically, do they?).
Night then xxx

No comments: