Saturday 5 January 2013

Hi, how are you? I'm surprised to find myself still alive. I have just had the worst cold ever. I would have called it flu, but it can't be because I've had my flu jab. Honestly, ebola would have been nicer. Luckily my amazing husband has brought my my meals in bed all day, where I've spent hours watching obscure channel four documentaries on iplayer on my phone. I still feel like someone has sandpapered my throat, but at least I've stopped sweating and shivering (too much information? soz). Apart from that we've had a lovely old festive time, including xmas with grandparents, a trip to wonderland park in London, the chance for me to do a bit of research at the Imperial War Museaum, eating far too much stilton and chocolate (not at the same time, though)  - I'm too scared to get on the bathroom scales at the moment - and I'm a bit sad that the new term is looming; it's been so nice to get up late and hang out in PJs for half the day. Oh well, can't avoid real life (or the credit card bill) forever, I suppose. Hope you had happy hols xxx
ps. Hubby says that the last post makes it look as if it's my fantasy to wake up in bed between Kylie & Danni. It's not: it's his. I guess my equivalent would be to wake up between George Clooney and, oh, I don't know, a nice plate of stilton and pickle on crackers.
Right, new years resolution: to finish the blooming book (and publish it too) and become a fabulous novelist with shiny hair and slim thighs (not too much to expect to achieve in twelve months, surely?). What's yours? xxx

No comments: