Saturday 19 January 2013

The weather outside is frightful, but inside it's so delightful...Hubby is tucked up under a furry blanket with the undead Dog watching 'Charmed' on E4. I told him I thought it was a load of tosh, but he just replied, "Three fit witches, what's not to like?" (clearly I don't count as a 'fit' witch, just a witchy one). The children have made a barricade on the stairs out of bedding and soft toys and declared upstairs 'children's world'; I am not allowed up. They are all sat in hats (woolly ones for the Twins and an old policeman's helmet for Son), eating Hula Hoops and making up a secret language. And I'm sat at the kitchen table, entering things onto the family finances spreadsheet and realising that I have to get another job, or alternatively sell a child. Luckily I have a job interview on Monday for a very interesting looking flexible part-time position with the university's art history dept - I shall let you know next week whether or not one of my children is going on ebay or not...

No comments: