Wednesday 15 May 2013

Hiya, how are you? I'm not starving today. I ought to be, but I'm not working because of my very ill daughter (I'm sure her tummy ache has nothing whatsoever to do with her dreaded science test today), and I just can't bring myself to fast when I'm at home and there's a nice Thai curry made by one of my Monday morning ESOL students in the fridge (I've heard about people bringing in apples for their teachers, but Thai curry is something else, and something else very tasty, too). So, Twin 1 is in the other room, watching endless hours of CBBC and clutching her tummy. I think the problem may well be the same as her 'suspected appendicitis' the other week (ie. a big poo), but we'll see. In the meantime, I have taken the opportunity to mop the kitchen floor and sort the washing, which means that tonight I shall be free of housework and able to write up the scene where she breaks it off with her fiance, and it looks like all is lost (don't worry, it will all end happily).
What else? Oh, I had a lovely curry and three pints on Saturday. It has been so long since I did that kind of thing. Nom nom indeed. And I'm so unused to drinking that the third and final pint made me feel quite squiffy - we watched Big Bang when we got in and I fell off the sofa, that's how squiffy.
And now I'm 43. Yikes.

2 comments:

allijulivert said...

Hey there Waifster!
Impressed that you can still knock back 3 pints and (more or less) still stand up! Isn't that like having 6 glasses of wine?
Hope the scene went well and that Twin 1's tummy is better - best excuse ever for not dieting, by the way. x x

Amy Waif said...

ha ha, well I wasn't standing up when I feel off the sofa! Dieting totally gone out of the window right now, too (beer belly?) xxx