Friday 13 June 2014

So, guess what? I'm just paranoid, after all. The inclusion manager hasn't been avoiding me, she's just heavily pregnant and with her 'preg-head' on has forgotten all about our quarter issues. Phew. No need to have awkward grown up conversations then, what a relief.
What have you been up to? I got all excited about the sunshine, but now it's getting so balmy I realise that it is, in fact, time to crack open the half-forgotten suitcase of summer clothes that has been languishing behind the bedroom door all these months (and serving a useful purpose as a door-blocker, in the absence of a bolt/lock). The only problem is that most of them now need ironing, so I now have an ironing pile as high as Sugarloaf mountain (yes, I'm exaggerating, but it must be at least a Munro, in ironing-pile terms). Maybe I can schedule a morning of tackling it whilst watching Eammon and Ruth (my BFF - well, I did meet her a few times back in 1991, you know!) on This Morning.
I'm back on the case with my novel, but can't get onto it quite as quickly as I'd like because I have all-of-a-sudden found myself with extra ESOL classes. A while ago I took some English learners into the art gallery to do a session based around the exhibition. It was well-attended and quite a laugh, so I casually mentioned to my boss that I wouldn't mind doing more ESOL sessions based around art. Hmmm, did any wise older person (probably an Auntie or someone in a floral blouse) ever say 'Be careful what you wish for!' whilst wagging a finger in a knowing way to you? Yep? Well, I wish they'd bally well done it to me, too and I would have kept my trap shut. So now, several months and a dod of Arts Council funding later, I have found myself frantically trying to think of a weekly two-hour lesson to link into the idea of art and cultural identity...for the next six months...
So, if you don't hear much from me for a while, you'll know it's because I'm casting around wildly for lesson ideas whilst manically trying to finish the final final draft of my novel.
Right, I'm off to panic about the enormity of it all and not manage to get to sleep, now.
Take care xxx

No comments: