Tuesday 3 June 2014

Ey-oop, how's it going? I've not seen hide nor hair of Gareth Malone recently. I'm going to have to resort to pretending that perfectly ordinary people are really famous TV celebs to get that frission of B-list excitement as I pass through the camp gates. If you see me wondering, unfocussed, with a vague smile on my lips, it may well be that I'm pretending the gate guard is really Colin Firth or...(d'you know, I'm so out of touch that I'm at a loss to think of a tasty actor to add to that list - and the truth is I have gone off Colin Firth a bit, ever since Mama Mia, really).
It's all good here, really. My mood swings are still swooping around like a particularly unsafe fairground ride, but hey-ho. I'm eating as many phyto-oestrogen rich foods as I can handle - just polished off the last of the hummus, and am about to make myself a generous soya milk shake - but to no avail. Must order some more St John's Wort...
The good news is that I got feedback from the romantic novelists association on my manuscript, and they were particularly nice about it. They suggested a few changes and then getting it out there to agents and publishers. So my mission now is to get stuck in with the amendments and try to get them done before the summer hols. This may well put paid to my copy writing work - or maybe I'll try just to do one ambulance-chasing/geeky thing a week, just to keep my hand in, in case my stellar rise to author celeb doesn't come all that quickly!
I'm still writing flash fiction, but I'm bunging it all on the FB page now. So if you're interested, do like and share! www.facebook.com/litfixx
xxx

No comments: