Wednesday 1 October 2014

Hello! How was your day? Mine began badly, but got better, which is preferable to the other way round. lt began with an angry phone call from a man claiming that we hadn't paid for the boat (we have) and threatening to 'lift' it. After some panicky phone calls and a trip to the boatyard with poor Twin 1, who was off school with a tummy bug, it transpired that the boat brokers have gone into liquidation. Although we bought the boat weeks ago, the now-bankrupt brokers failed to pass the cash on to the vendors. All a bit messy.
Next Twin 1 was dragged along to my dental appointment, where my over-zealous dentist told me that as l both clench and grind, l shall need a bigger mouthguard. He intimated that l may need to consider a brace, but l said that at four grand a pop, considering it was all I'd do.
Then we went for lunch with a friend l haven't seen for 6 years. We had bread baked in flowerpots, which was surprisingly nice.
Just as we were about to pick up the other Twin from school l got a call on my mobile from a literary agent who's interested in my book. Whoop, whoop.
this evening l dyed my hair - cinnamon spice, in anticipation of the autumnal weather that that nice Alex Deakin says is heading southwards.
So it has been an unusually eventful day.
l utterly failed to do any writing, though.

No comments: