Wednesday 30 January 2008

There is something to be said for single parenthood. Don't get me wrong, I do miss my husband (in fact I had to take his dressing gown to bed with me last night as the bed really was too big without him), but certain aspects of life are way easier. Mealtimes, for instance. There's none of this slaving away making hearty, meaty man-meals, like cottage pie (which takes about twenty years to make and another thirty-five to wash up). Children are more than happy with a slice of pizza and a handful of chocolate raisins - preferably served up on a slice of kitchen roll to save any unneccessary washing up. Laundry is also easier: no green kit, no PT kit, no moaning about odd socks. There is nobody to complain about the biscuit crumbs on the car seats or the light left on in the hall. Or to get upset about not being able to find the scissors/blu tac/cheque book/car keys. And I haven't watched Top Gear for a whole two weeks now...
So although I do of course adore him with every fibre of my being, miss him like the desert misses the rain, etc. there are upsides!

No comments: