Thursday 10 April 2008

I feel pants. Think I have a crop of stinging nettles growing in my throat, glue in my nose and itching powder inside my ears. I know, I know, it's 'just' a cold, but it feels horrible.
Anyway, wanted to tell you about the people across the road. They are quitet important - well, he is - and she thinks they should be in a far better house. As she is already in a four-bedroomed detatched one with a garage, I'm not entirely sure what she's after, but anyway, she has apparently been ear-bashing anyone who will listen about the dire standard of accommodation in this street (she hasn't said anything of the sort to me, so this is entirely third-hand gossip and rumour of course - but then again, it may also be true).
I understand it's the lack of en suite facilities in the master bedroom, which has really got her goat.
Because they are quite important -well, he is - that they are entitled to have a cleaner. And I suppose it must be upsetting that the cleaner doesn't have enough to do, what with there only being four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a dining room, a study, a living room and a kitchen to clean every day...
However, I have some sympathy, as pretty much from the moment they moved in, the rest of us have behaved like total pikeys. They left loads of old furniture, etc. outside when they moved in (as it wouldn't fit in), and the rest of the street gloried in rootling through it and appropriating for themselves before the refuse collection got here. So maybe she has a point.
And let's face it, she is living across the street from us, which probably lowers the tone, what with the random snotty children escaping periodically and the depressive dog trying to get himself run over.
I've heard that she's planning to catch the ear of some even-more-important general at a function this weekend. I do hope he listens (I'm sure he'll have nothing else important to think about) and they are able to move into something more suitable jolly soon.

3 comments:

Army Wife said...

A fellow Army Wife! Although your Blog is much better written, funnier, clearly with 'real' readers owing to your comments, I've linked you on my humble offering.

Congrats on the posting!

http://secretdiaryofanarmywife.blogspot.com

cocoapop said...

poor you, amy,

here have a nice cup of tea and a blanket on the sofa....

hope you feel better soon and that Mr Army Wife is looking after you.

xx

Amy Waif said...

Thanks cocoapop, feeling a bit better now. Mr Army Wife thinks I'm a malingering tart!

also... hello other army wife! wonder who you are? will try to link your site to mine, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it!