Wednesday 2 April 2008

Well the tension and excitement (actually just tension) is mounting as we prepare to move the entire family (except the dog, who is off to live in a nice big house in Wales with a couple of laydeez and no toddlers to poke him in the eye or steal his food. I suspect he is quite happy about the prospect, but it's hard to tell as he has his usual just-short-of-suicidal expression on) to Nepal. There seem to be an awful lot of irritating forms to fill in, you know, the sort that state huffily at the outset that you need to write in black ink and block capitals and ask for the same information about a million times over. And I know that no matter how hard I try - despite being infuriated with the niggling fussiness of it all - to do my best and neatest, I will inevitably lose concentration and mess up and have to deal with visa forms being returned and we will miss our flights and it will be a total disaster.
Hmm, perhaps I'm not being quite as can-do and optimistic about this as I should be. Just wish someone could do all the boring bits for me.
I just want to be transported swiftly and painlessly to the land of stunning scenery and cheap pashminas (oh, yes, and rioting and earthquakes, but we'll gloss over that) without actually having to do any personal admin whatsoever. Is that really too much to ask?

1 comment:

cocoapop said...

amy, this sounds so scary!

will you be living in a camp like the one you are in now or is it different abroad? will you have a nice internet connection to tell us all about your life there?

seething with curiosity, x