Wednesday 19 November 2008

Two drivers, one car

Hubby is wise. He told me that if I didn't phone Bishu Ram (the driver with the imaginary broken leg), then one day he would just turn up and expect his job back. I said I'd phone him. Then I forgot all about it.
This morning I was upstairs putting on some slap (to try to make myself look vaguely human before the school run), when son announced that Vasu (new, nice driver) was here and so was Bishu Ram (lying old driver). So, lipstick in hand, I had to rush downstairs and do a bit of impromptu human resources ie. tell Bishu Ram to stop taking the p*ss and sling his hook. Although I did it with a smile on my face, because I'm nice like that. He still tried to get either his job back or get me to pay for his medical expenses, though, the cheeky Chettri. 
So that was a thrilling start to the day.
A day which consisted of shopping, mainly, but sadly no exciting poo on the potty.
Sunil-the-tailor phoned to say couldn't make it. I could barely understand what he was saying, probably because he was making the call from the mother ship in a distant galaxy far, far away. Hopefully he will find a hole in the space-time continuum and make it here tomorrow evening as he has a silk shirt and two Miss Muffet outfits to complete, alien abduction or not.
The book has taken a back seat since parents arrived. I feel a bit sorry for all the characters, being left in limbo like this: the heroine falling for the wrong man, the right man about to go to war, and the heroine's parents failing to patch up their failed marriage. And the brother is about to get blown up, too. I'm sure they will all be happy when I start writing again as they can get some clarity about their future (apart from the brother, who will be gutted - oops wrong terminology, sorry rather sick but unintentional pun there).
Anyway, must go, three kids to put to bed. Ta ra xxx

No comments: